Passport Funding Recreational, Educational and Vocational Services
Day, Evening and Weekend Respite
Quinte Vocational Support Services is ready to help you and your family with funding you have received through the Developmental Services Ontario for Community Participation!
Adults who have a developmental disability can apply for a Ministry of Community and Social Services initiative called Passport: Funding for Community Participation Supports.
Here is the Developmental Services Ontario website: http://www.dsontario.ca/community-participation-supports
What does it provide?
Passport has been developed to improve the quality of participation in the community for adults who have a developmental disability and have left school. Passport provides people the option of receiving funds to purchase community participation supports and/or access services through community agencies like QVSS.
Who can apply for passport?
Passport is for individuals who have a developmental disability and are no longer eligible for school supports, but who would benefit from community participation supports.
- young adults who have left school and would benefit from community participation supports: or
- have been waiting for day support services; and
- are not eligible for Ontario Disability Support Program Employment Supports.
Applicants may be living at home with their families or in other living arrangements including group homes, supported independent living or with a Family Home provider.
What can the funding be used for?
It can be used to purchase community supports. This means people can hire a support person or service provider to help them prepare for a job, volunteer in the community, gain adult living skills, continue their education after high school or access community recreation. It can also be used for respite supports or personal growth and development.
How QVSS can help you with your passport funding:
- Providing direct support and staffing
- Offer you community and in-building programs and supports I.e recreation, leisure and vocational
- Provide assistance with developing and coordinating a plan for achieving your goal
- Prepare for a job
- Volunteer in the community
- Life skills and Job readiness skills
- Live on your own or look after yourself
- Continue your education after high school
- Brokering funding
Price and Fee Schedule