Active Social Programs that promote learning and fun!
QVSS works diligently to provide every opportunity for service-users to be a part of their community. We use an "Inclusive Approach" to achieve this goal. Q.V.S.S. offers social programs that combine living and life skills with leisure and recreational activities.
We modify our programs twice a year allowing for requested seasonal activities.
QVSS works to enhance the quality of life for all of its individuals in a variety of ways:
- By encouraging individuals to stay healthy and fit which also reduces stress
- By stimulating each individual’s sense of creativity
- By building and strengthening relationships with family, friends and neighbours
- By encouraging individuals to develop a sense of pride in their community
The Client Social Committee
Q.V.S.S. has some type of special event or day trip planned just about every month. The Client Social Committee is open for any participant to join as they develop a wish list of seasonal day trips from donated money that service-users might enjoy.
Once decided, the trips can either be learning experiences or just for fun! Often the expenses of these events are subsidized, or sometimes free, since monies received through donations are used to offset the costs.
Past trips and events have included:
- Canada’s Wonderland
- Medieval Times
- Ontario Place
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Gananoque Boat Tour
- Sugar Bush
- NHL Game
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- Toronto Theater
- Black Creek Pioneer Village
- O’Hara Mill
- Shopping Trips at major malls
- Black light Show at Cobourg East Northumberland Secondary School
Social occasions and dances, such as Valentines, St. Patrick’s, Halloween etc., are held almost monthly. Sometimes special performers or bands do the music for these events.
Vern Thomson (Elvis in his later years)
Matt Cage (Young Elvis impersonator)
Fingers crossed (Local Band)
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Choir